COVID-19 corona-virus: information for our customers
We are constantly reviewing the situation around COVID-19 Coronavirus and the impact on our events in line with local and national government and public health advice and WHO guidelines, and our policies reflect those of the country governments in which our events take place. The health and safety of our exhibitors, visitors, partners and staff is our number one priority. We appreciate your patience while we work through this complex and unprecedented situation. Please check your event website for the latest updates.
WATCH FOR MORE VIRTUAL TRAINING EVENTS COMING YOUR WAY SOON from WVAADC!
If you would like to sponsor an online event download and complete this form: http://www.wvaadc.com/virtualsponsorshipopportunity-2020/
We appreciate your support!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Couples and Family Therapy
Date and Time: Fri, December 11, 2020
12:00 PM – 3:15 PM EST On ZOOM
About this Event
Couples and family therapy can be a key component in amplifying recovery practices. Individuals recover in the context of their support systems, therefore calling us to be competent in seeing them as one part of a whole. Join me for a comprehensive look at best practices for couples and family counseling.
Participants will be able to:
1. Name three foundational considerations in working with couples and families with SUDs.
2. Discuss the potential role of genograms in couples and family counseling in the context of treating SUDs.
3. Name and describe at least 5 characteristics of effective couples and family practitioners.
4. Articulate ethical and legal responsibilities specific to treating couples and families in the context of SUDs.
5. Building from the other objectives, discuss the process of integrating professional self discovery into couples and family practice.
12:00p -1:30p – Objectives 1,2, 3
1:30p – 1:45p BREAK
1:45 – 3:15p Objectives 4 – 5
Chelsea Gunther, LPC, AADC, ALPS (she/her) and
Heather Sharp-Spinks, MSW, LICSW, ADC-S, MAC
REGISTER ON EVENTBRITE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/couples-and-family-therapy-tickets-128517771113?ref=enivte001&invite=MjAwODIzMjMvbGluZGFpbnd2QGxpdmUuY29tLzA%3D%0A&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=invitemodernv2&ref=enivte001&utm_term=attend
We plan to have the 2021 Summit Virtually
August 9-13, 2021
During this ever-changing time and after much consideration and discussion by the WVAADC Board of Directors’ Professional Development Committee, the Board has decided to move the 2021 conference to an entirely virtual format. This decision was made keeping in mind the pandemic’s effects on agency travel budgets while also considering the health of our members and communities. We hope you will join us as we move to the virtual format and look forward to connecting with you in a meaningful way in August 2021!
Please send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
COVID-19 AND TELEHEALTH/TECHNOLOGY-RELATED WEBINARS
- **FREE NAADAC WEBINAR** Virtual Town Hall: Understanding the Impact of COVID-19 on the Addiction Profession
- Watch now on demand (recorded on May 8, 2020)
- Earn 1 CE
- **FREE NAADAC WEBINAR** Psychological First Aid During COVID-19, presented by Fredrick Dombrowski, PhD, LMHC, MAC, CASAC
This webinar is provided as a collaborative effort between the American Mental Health Counselors Association and NAADAC.
- Watch now on demand (recorded on April 29, 2020)
- Earn 1.5 CEs
- **FREE NAADAC WEBINAR** The Impact of Disaster on Recovery: The Perfect Storm, presented by Timothy Legg, PhD, PsyD, PMHNP-BC, MAC
This webinar is sponsored by Recovery Path.
- Watch now on demand (recorded on April 3, 2020)
- Earn 1.5 CEs
- **FREE NAADAC WEBINAR** COVID-19: Telehealth for Opioid Addiction Interventions, presented by Marlene M. Maheu, PhD, Founder & Executive Director of Telebehavioral Health Institute, Inc.
- Watch now on demand (recorded on March 31, 2020)
- Earn 2 CEs
- **NAADAC Speciality Online Training** Using Technology for Clinical Supervision, presented by Malcolm Horn, PhD, LCSW, MAC, SAP
- Watch now on demand (recorded November 8, 2019)
- Earn 1 CE for $25
- CBT Telehealth Adaptations for Providers of Mental Health Care for Latino Populations, presented by National Hispanic and Latino MHTTC.
- Recorded on May 14, 2020
- Watch now
- Mental Health Providers and Vicarious Trauma During National Emergencies, presented by National Hispanic and Latino MHTTC.
- Recorded on May 8, 2020
- Watch now
- Telehealth Learning Series for SUD Tx and Recovery Support Providers, presented by The Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) Network, the Center for Excellence on Protected Health Information (CoE-PHI), the National Consortium of Telehealth Resource Centers, and the Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies (CASAT) at the University of Nevada – Reno (UNR)
- These are free, national online discussions and resource-sharing opportunities for SUD treatment providers and peer support specialists.
- The sessions took place from March 30 – April 27, 2020.
- Listen to past sessions now.
- COCA Call – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Update and Information for Long-term Care Facilities, presented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Preparedness and Response. (2020).
- Recorded on March 17, 2020
- Watch now
If you need a copy of your CEU Form or Certificate from the 2019 “Pathways to Recovery” Professional Summit or other WVAADC training you have attended you may contact Heather: email@example.com. There is a $10.00 fee for each copy.