COVID-19 corona-virus: information for our customers
We are constantly reviewing the situation around COVID-19 Coronavirus and the impact on our events in line with local and national government and public health advice and WHO guidelines, and our policies reflect those of the country governments in which our events take place. The health and safety of our exhibitors, visitors, partners and staff is our number one priority. We appreciate your patience while we work through this complex and unprecedented situation. Please check your event website for the latest updates.
WATCH FOR MORE VIRTUAL TRAINING EVENTS COMING YOUR WAY SOON from WVAADC!
If you would like to sponsor an online event download and complete this form: http://www.wvaadc.com/virtualsponsorshipopportunity-2020/
We appreciate your support!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>State Legislature Virtual Meeting
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Chronic Pain Self-Management flyer
****************************************************************************************************************************Gro Fellowships Overview (8)
CANCELLED! UNITED FOR RECOVERY: West Virginia Association Of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors Professional Summit
We plan to have the 2021 Summit at Oglebay Resort in Wheeling.
August 9-13, 2021
West Virginia Association Of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors presents
Solution Focused Therapy for SUDs
Friday, October 9, 2020
12:00 PM to 3:00 PM EST
$45.00 for WVAADC $60.00 for Non-Members
12:00p -1:30p – Objectives 1 & 2
1:30p – 1:45p BREAK
1:45 – 3:00p Objectives 3 – 5
Join me for a refreshing view on a tried and true modality. Together we’ll discuss the benefits of solution focused therapy, and work on amplifying your own skills in the solution focused context to breathe new life into your own clinical practice.
Conceptualize solution focused interviewing in the context of treating SUDs.
Discuss motivation and the cooperative relationship in the contest of solution focused therapy.
Identify 3 solution focused clinical skills.
How to utilize solution focused homework and follow up tools effectively.
How to conclude sessions the solution focused way.
YOU MAY ALSO REGISTER ONLINE AT EVENTBRITE: Additional fees will apply
🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
COVID-19 AND TELEHEALTH/TECHNOLOGY-RELATED WEBINARS
- **FREE NAADAC WEBINAR** Virtual Town Hall: Understanding the Impact of COVID-19 on the Addiction Profession
- Watch now on demand (recorded on May 8, 2020)
- Earn 1 CE
- **FREE NAADAC WEBINAR** Psychological First Aid During COVID-19, presented by Fredrick Dombrowski, PhD, LMHC, MAC, CASAC
This webinar is provided as a collaborative effort between the American Mental Health Counselors Association and NAADAC.
- Watch now on demand (recorded on April 29, 2020)
- Earn 1.5 CEs
- **FREE NAADAC WEBINAR** The Impact of Disaster on Recovery: The Perfect Storm, presented by Timothy Legg, PhD, PsyD, PMHNP-BC, MAC
This webinar is sponsored by Recovery Path.
- Watch now on demand (recorded on April 3, 2020)
- Earn 1.5 CEs
- **FREE NAADAC WEBINAR** COVID-19: Telehealth for Opioid Addiction Interventions, presented by Marlene M. Maheu, PhD, Founder & Executive Director of Telebehavioral Health Institute, Inc.
- Watch now on demand (recorded on March 31, 2020)
- Earn 2 CEs
- **NAADAC Speciality Online Training** Using Technology for Clinical Supervision, presented by Malcolm Horn, PhD, LCSW, MAC, SAP
- Watch now on demand (recorded November 8, 2019)
- Earn 1 CE for $25
- CBT Telehealth Adaptations for Providers of Mental Health Care for Latino Populations, presented by National Hispanic and Latino MHTTC.
- Recorded on May 14, 2020
- Watch now
- Mental Health Providers and Vicarious Trauma During National Emergencies, presented by National Hispanic and Latino MHTTC.
- Recorded on May 8, 2020
- Watch now
- Telehealth Learning Series for SUD Tx and Recovery Support Providers, presented by The Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) Network, the Center for Excellence on Protected Health Information (CoE-PHI), the National Consortium of Telehealth Resource Centers, and the Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies (CASAT) at the University of Nevada – Reno (UNR)
- These are free, national online discussions and resource-sharing opportunities for SUD treatment providers and peer support specialists.
- The sessions took place from March 30 – April 27, 2020.
- Listen to past sessions now.
- COCA Call – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Update and Information for Long-term Care Facilities, presented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Preparedness and Response. (2020).
- Recorded on March 17, 2020
- Watch now
WV YOUTH LEADERSHIP FORUM 2020 The WV Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) is a statewide training and leadership development event for students (Delegates) with all types of disabilities, high school juniors & seniors and college freshmen, who are transitioning to adulthood. The YLF will be held on the campus of West Virginia State University in Institute, WV on June 22-25, 2020. SAVE THE DATE more information: http://www.wvaadc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/YLF-save-the-date-final.pdf
WV Psychological Association Spring Training Event:“Cognitive Therapy for Suicide Prevention”
Postponed – Check back for information regarding plans for August.
For additional information please contact Rebecca Denning, Psy.D. ABPP at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jocelyn Brown, Psy.D. at email@example.com <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Please be sure to join us at the APPALACHIAN ADDICTION & PRESCRIPTION DRUG ABUSE CONFERENCE- October 1 – 3, 2020 held at the Marriott at Waterfront Place in Morgantown, WV. Sponsor Invitation: http://www.wvaadc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/SAVE-THE-DATE-october-conference.pdf
If you need a copy of your CEU Form or Certificate from the 2019 “Pathways to Recovery” Professional Summit or other WVAADC training you have attended you may contact Heather: firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $10.00 fee for each copy.